T5 High Speed Steel
AISI T5 Tool Steel is a Tungsten-cobalt high speed steel as per ASTM / AISI standard. The AISI T5 steel contains 8% Co,which makes the high temperature performance and toughness better than AISI T4. This material also has high abrasion resistance and good cutting performance. After quenching, the surface hardness can reach 68-70HRC.
C: 0.70-0.85; Si: 0.20-0.40; Mn: 0.20-0.40; P: max0.030; S: max0.030;
Cr: 3.75-5.00; Mo: 0.50-1.25; V: 1.80-2.40; W: 17.50-19.00; Co: 7.00-9.00;
Form of AISI T5 Steel
Round / Square / Flat Bars, Plates, Sheets, Blocks
Size of T5 Tool Steel
dia. 1-16mm (Cold Drawn);
dia. 10-50mm (Hot Rolled);
dia. 50-180mm (Hot Forged);
dia. 180-300mm (Free Forging);
Thickness: 1-2.5mm(Cold Rolled); 1.5-20mm(Hot Rolled); 20-300mm(Hot Forged);
Surface Condition of T5 Steel
Black, Peeled, Rough Machined, Ground
Hardness of AISI T5 Tool Steel
Annealed (+A): max 269HB
Mechanical Properties of AISI T5 Steel
Percentage reduction of area after fracture
Elongation after fracture
Quenched and Tempered (+QT) of T5 Tool Steel
1. Preheat aisi T5 steel slowly to the temperature of 820-870°C;
2. Heating up to quenching temperature of 1270-1290°C;
3. Make sure that the material is heated throughly;
4. Quench in the oil or brine;
5. Heat uniformly to the required tempering temperature;
6. Withdraw T5 steel from the furnace and cool in air;
7. The general tempering temperature is 540-560°C which makes the material 63HRC.
8. The T5 tool steel is also suitable for vacuum hardening and triple tempering is strongly recommended.
Applications of AISI T5 Tool Steel
Tools made of AISI T5 steel is good for machining high strength steel,high temperature alloy,titanium alloys,casting alloy materials and other difficult-to-machine materials. Cutting tools used to make use of higher temperatures, such as turning tool,cutter,milling cutter,drill,broach,etc.
Enquiry for AISI T5 Tool Steel Round / Square / Flat Bar, Plates, Sheets, Blocks.