T4 High Speed Steel
AISI T4 Tool Steel is a Tungsten-cobalt high speed steel as per ASTM / AISI standard. AISI T4 steel is similar to AISI T1 high speed steel but with added 5% cobalt which can increase the heat resistance. This material also has considerable toughness and easy to grinding. After quenching, the surface hardness can reach 66-70HRC.
C: 0.70-0.80; Si: 0.20-0.40; Mn: 0.10-0.40; P: max0.030; S: max0.030;
Cr: 3.75-4.50; Mo: 0.40-1.00; V: 0.80-1.20; W: 17.50-19.00; Co: 4.25-5.75;
Form of AISI T4 Steel
Round / Square / Flat Bars, Plates, Sheets, Blocks
Size of T4 Tool Steel
dia. 1-16mm (Cold Drawn);
dia. 10-50mm (Hot Rolled);
dia. 50-180mm (Hot Forged);
dia. 180-300mm (Free Forging);
Thickness: 1-2.5mm(Cold Rolled); 1.5-20mm(Hot Rolled); 20-300mm(Hot Forged);
Surface Condition of AISI T4 Tool Steel
Black, Peeled, Rough Machined, Ground
Hardness of T4 Steel
Annealed (+A): max 269HB
Mechanical Properties of AISI T4 Steel
Percentage reduction of area after fracture
Elongation after fracture
Quenched and Tempered (+QT) of T4 Tool Steel
1. Preheat AISI T4 steel slowly to the temperature of 820-870°C;
2. Heating up to quenching temperature of 1270-1290°C;
3. Make sure that the material is heated throughly;
4. Quench in the oil or brine;
5. Heat uniformly to the required tempering temperature;
6. Withdraw T4 steel from the furnace and cool in air;
7. The general tempering temperature is 540-560°C which makes the material 66HRC.
8. The T4 tool steel is also suitable for vacuum hardening and triple tempering is strongly recommended.
Applications of AISI T4 Steel
T4 steel is usually used to make various cutting tools of higher temperature,such as turning tool,cutter,reamer,forming cutting tools,drilling tools,gear cutting tools and cold work tool steel.
Enquiry for AISI T4 Tool Steel Round / Square / Flat Bar, Plates, Sheets, Blocks.