T1 High Speed Steel
AISI T1 Tool Steel is an important Tungsten-type high speed steel according to ASTM/A600 standard. This material has high hardness and red hardness which can remain 57 HRC when the temperature is 500°C. AISI T1 steel has strong commonality,and its strength with cross section dimension decreases a lot. The high temperature plastic of T1 tool steel is poor,but the wearability is good.
C: 0.65-0.80; Si: 0.20-0.40; Mn: 0.10-0.40; P: max0.030; S: max0.030;
Cr: 3.75-4.50; V: 0.90-1.30; W: 17.25-18.75;
Form of AISI T1 Steel
Round / Square / Flat Bars, Plates, Sheets, Blocks
Size of T1 Tool Steel
dia. 1-16mm (Cold Drawn);
dia. 10-50mm (Hot Rolled);
dia. 50-180mm (Hot Forged);
dia. 180-300mm (Free Forging);
Thickness: 1-2.5mm(Cold Rolled); 1.5-20mm(Hot Rolled); 20-300mm(Hot Forged);
Surface Condition of T1 Steel
Black, Peeled, Rough Machined, Ground
Hardness of T1 High Speed Steel
Annealed (+A): max 269HB
Mechanical Properties of AISI T1 Tool Steel
Percentage reduction of area after fracture
Elongation after fracture
Quenched and Tempered (+QT) of T1 HSS Steel
1. Preheat T1 steel slowly to the temperature of 820-870°C;
2. Keep heating up to hardening temperature of 1270-1285°C;
3. Make sure that the material is heated throughly;
4. Quench in the oil or brine;
5. Heat uniformly to the required tempering temperature;
6. Withdraw T1 tool steel from the furnace and cool in air;
7. The general tempering temperature is 550-570°C which can make the material at 65HRC.
8. The T1 tool steel is also suitable for vacuum hardening and triple tempering is strongly recommended.
Applications of AISI T1 Steel
T1 tool steel is usually used in the manufacture of all kinds of cutting tools,such as turning tool,milling cutter,cutter,reamer,drill bit,saw blade,tap,etc. The T1 steel can also be used for high temperature wear resistance parts and cold work tool steel.
Enquiry for AISI T1 Tool Steel Round / Square / Flat Bar, Plates, Sheets, Blocks.