M35 High Speed Steel
AISI M35 Tool Steel is a Cobalt-Type high speed tool steel. M35 steel is on the basis of M2 Steel, but with 5% Cobalt content increased which makes better hot hardness and wear resistance. AISI M35 Steel is suitable for heat treatment up to 66 HRC, and offers excellent cutting performance.
C: 0.80-0.85; Si: 0.20-0.40; Mn: 0.20-0.40; P: max0.030; S: max0.030;
Cr: 3.90-4.40; Mo: 4.75-5.25; V: 1.75-2.15; W: 6.15-6.65; Co: 4.75-5.25;
Form of AISI M35
Round / Square / Flat Bars, Rods, Plates, Sheets, Blocks
Size of M35 Steel
dia. 1-16mm (Cold Drawn);
dia. 10-50mm (Hot Rolled);
dia. 50-180mm (Hot Forged);
dia. 180-300mm (Free Forging);
Thickness: 1-2.5mm(Cold Rolled); 1.5-20mm(Hot Rolled); 20-300mm(Hot Forged);
Surface Condition of M35 Tool Steel
Black, Peeled, Rough Machined, Ground
Hardness of M35 High Speed Steel
Annealed (+A): max 269HB
Mechanical Properties of AISI M35 Steel
Percentage reduction of area after fracture
Elongation after fracture
Quenched and Tempered (+QT) of M35 Steel
1. Preheat aisi M35 steel slowly to the temperature of 730-840°C;
2. Keep heating up to hardening temperature of 1200-1220°C;
3. Make sure that the material is heated throughly;
4. Quench in the oil or brine;
5. Heat uniformly to the required tempering temperature;
6. Withdraw M35 steel from the furnace and cool in air;
7. The general tempering temperature is 540-560°C which can make the material at 65HRC.
8. The M35 tool steel is also suitable for vacuum hardening and triple tempering is strongly recommended.
Applications of AISI M35 Steel
M35 tool steel is usually used in conditions where the demand for hot hardness is high, such as cutting tools including broaches, milling cutters, reamers, end mills and saw blades. It is also a good quality wear resistant HSS grade for cold work area.
Enquiry for AISI M35 Tool Steel Round / Square / Flat Bar, Plates, Sheets, Blocks.