AISI 8620 Steel
AISI 8620 Steel is a low nickel,chromium-molybdenum alloy steel as per AISI/ASTM standard. SAE 8620 gives a hard case with a strong core whilst retaining a remarkable degree of toughness. AISI 8620 is suitable for parts which require a good toughness and wear resistance.
C: 0.18-0.23; Si: 0.15-0.35; Mn: 0.70-0.90; P: max0.035; S: max0.040;
Cr: 0.40-0.60; Mo: 0.15-0.25; Ni: 0.40-0.70;
Form of AISI 8620
Round / Square / Flat Bars, Shafts, Rollers, Blocks
Size of 8620 Steel
– As Forged
(Forged Flat Bars, Shafts, Rollers and Blocks can be Customized)
– As Rolled
Length: 3,000-10,000mm(can be Customized)
Tolerance on Dimension
– Black surface
Forged sizes up to 500mm (-0/+5mm)
Forged sizes above 500mm in diameter (-0/+8mm)
– Machined surface to all sizes (-0/+3mm)
Surface Condition of AISI 8620 Steel
If the bars are to be delivered with machined surface,the material shall be free of decarburized layer,black spots and cracks or other defects.
Quenched and Tempered (+QT) of SAE 8620 Steel
1. Heat 8620 steel slowly to 880-930°C;
2. Soak at this temperature then quench in oil;
3. Temper as soon as AISI 8620 reach room temperature;
4. Heat uniformly to the suitable temperature of 550°C;
5. Withdraw the material from the furnace and cool in the air.
Heat Treatment of AISI 8620 Alloy Steel
– Heat treatment temperatures
1. rate of heating
2. cooling & soaking time
– Other considerations
1. type of furnace
2. quenching medium
3. work piece transfer facilities
Other Technical Specification
1. Melting Process: EAF/BOF+LF+VD resulting in ingots
2. Both ends cut by saw
3. Ratio of forging:minimum 3:1
4. Grain size of final product: according to ASTM E112 more than 5,preferred more than 8
5. Ultrasonic test: As per SEP1921 Class C/c or D/d
According to EN10204 3.1,with mechanical properties (Tensile strength, Yield point, Elongation after fracture, Percentage reduction of area after fracture, Impact energy) and Hardness.
Enquiry for AISI 8620 Alloy Steel Round / Square / Flat Bars, Shafts, Rollers, Blocks.