AISI 4130 Steel
AISI 4130 Steel is a Chromium-Molybdenum alloy steel which widely used in Oil & Gas industry. AISI 4130 is similar to grade AISI 4140 but with a lower carbon content,which gives this material better weldability. It is supplied as round bar commonly in the hardened and tempered condition with a hardness of 18-22 HRc.
C: 0.28-0.33; Si: 0.15-0.35; Mn: 0.40-0.60; P: max0.035; S: max0.040;
Cr: 0.80-1.10; Mo: 0.15-0.25;
Form of AISI 4130
Round / Square / Flat Bars, Shafts, Rollers, Blocks.
Size of 4130 Steel
– As Forged
(Forged Flat Bars, Shafts, Rollers and Blocks can be Customized)
– As Rolled
Length: 3,000-10,000mm(can be Customized)
Tolerance on Dimension
– Black surface
Forged sizes up to 500mm (-0/+5mm)
Forged sizes above 500mm in diameter (-0/+8mm)
– Machined surface to all sizes (-0/+3mm)
Surface Condition of AISI 4130 Steel
If the bars are to be delivered with machined surface,the material shall be free of decarburized layer,black spots and cracks or other defects.
Quenched and Tempered (+QT) of SAE 4130 Steel
1. Heat 4130 steel slowly to 870-890°C;
2. Soak at this temperature then quench in oil;
3. Temper as soon as AISI 4130 reach room temperature;
4. Heat uniformly to the suitable temperature of 400-570°C;
5. Withdraw the material from the furnace and cool in the air.
Annealing of AISI 4130 Alloy Steel
1. Heat AISI 4130 slowly to 850°C and allow enough time for the steel to be thoroughly heated.
2. Cool slowly in the furnace to 480°C followed by air cooling.
Other Technical Specification
1. Melting Process: EAF/BOF+LF+VD resulting in ingots
2. Both ends cut by saw
3. Ratio of forging:minimum 3:1
4. Grain size of final product: according to ASTM E112 more than 5,preferred more than 8
5. Ultrasonic test: As per SEP1921 Class C/c or D/d
According to EN10204 3.1,with mechanical properties (Tensile strength, Yield point, Elongation after fracture, Percentage reduction of area after fracture, Impact energy) and Hardness.
Enquiry for AISI 4130 Alloy Steel Round / Square / Flat Bars, Shafts, Rollers, Blocks.