1.3355 / HS18-0-1
DIN 1.3355 / HS18-0-1 Steel is a common Tungsten-type high speed steel. HS18-0-1 steel has high hardness and red hardness. The 1.3355 steel can remain 57 HRC when the temperature is 500°C. Its heat treatment temperature range is wide,which makes this material not easy to overheating. HS18-0-1 steel is easy grinding and hot working process is not easy to oxidation decarburization. The high temperature plastic of 1.3355 tool steel is poor,but the wearability is good.
C: 0.73-0.83; Si: max0.45; Mn: max0.40; P: max0.030; S: max0.030;
Cr: 3.80-4.50; V: 1.00-1.20; W: 17.20-18.70;
Form of 1.3355
Round / Square / Flat Bars, Plates, Sheets, Blocks
Size of HS18-0-1
dia. 1-16mm (Cold Drawn);
dia. 10-50mm (Hot Rolled);
dia. 50-180mm (Hot Forged);
dia. 180-300mm (Free Forging);
Thickness: 1-2.5mm(Cold Rolled); 1.5-20mm(Hot Rolled); 20-300mm(Hot Forged);
Surface Condition of 1.3355 Steel
Black, Peeled, Rough Machined, Ground
Hardness of HS18-0-1 Steel
Annealed (+A): max 255HB
Mechanical Properties of W-Nr 1.3355 Steel
Percentage reduction of area after fracture
Elongation after fracture
Quenched and Tempered (+QT) of 1.3355 / HS18-0-1
1. Preheat din 1.3355 steel slowly to the temperature of 820-870°C;
2. Keep heating up to hardening temperature of 1270-1285°C;
3. Make sure that the material is heated throughly;
4. Quench in the oil or brine;
5. Heat uniformly to the required tempering temperature;
6. Withdraw HS18-0-1 steel from the furnace and cool in air;
7. The general tempering temperature is 550-570°C which can make the material at 63HRC.
8. The 1.3355 tool steel is also suitable for vacuum hardening and triple tempering is strongly recommended.
Applications of DIN HS18-0-1 Steel
1.3355 tool steel is usually used in the manufacture of all kinds of cutting tools,such as turning tool,milling cutter,cutter,reamer,drill bit,saw blade,tap,etc. Due to the high temperature hardness and good wearability,HS18-0-1 steel can also be used for high temperature wear resistance parts,such as bearing high temperature,the hot spring,etc. DIN 1.3355 steel sometimes is used as cold work tool steel.
Enquiry for DIN 1.3355 / HS18-0-1 Tool Steel Round / Square / Flat Bar, Plates, Sheets, Blocks.