1.3343 / HS6-5-2
DIN 1.3343 / HS6-5-2 Steel is a common Tungsten-Molybdenum type high-speed steel. Its toughness and wear resistance are better than 1.3355 steel. DIN 1.3343 also has higher hot hardness. The thermoplastic of HS6-5-2 steel is fine,so it can hot forming. This material must be protected on heating because it is easy to oxidation decarburization.
C: 0.86-0.94; Si: max0.45; Mn: max0.40; P: max0.030; S: max0.030;
Cr: 3.80-4.50; Mo: 4.70-5.20; V: 1.70-2.10; W: 5.90-6.70;
JIS: SKH9 / SKH51
Form of 1.3343
Round / Square / Flat Bars, Plates, Sheets, Blocks
Size of HS6-5-2
dia. 1-16mm (Cold Drawn);
dia. 10-50mm (Hot Rolled);
dia. 50-180mm (Hot Forged);
dia. 180-300mm (Free Forging);
Thickness: 1-2.5mm(Cold Rolled); 1.5-20mm(Hot Rolled); 20-300mm(Hot Forged);
Surface Condition of 1.3343 Steel
Black, Peeled, Rough Machined, Ground
Hardness of HS6-5-2 Steel
Annealed (+A): max 255HB
Mechanical Properties of W-Nr 1.3343 Steel
Percentage reduction of area after fracture
Elongation after fracture
Quenched and Tempered (+QT) of 1.3343 / HS6-5-2
1. Preheat din 1.3343 steel slowly to the temperature of 730-840°C;
2. Keep heating up to hardening temperature of 1210-1230°C;
3. Make sure that the material is heated throughly;
4. Quench in the oil or brine;
5. Heat uniformly to the required tempering temperature;
6. Withdraw HS6-5-2 steel from the furnace and cool in air;
7. The general tempering temperature is 550°C which can make the material at 63-64HRC.
8. The 1.3343 tool steel is also suitable for vacuum hardening and triple tempering is strongly recommended.
Applications of DIN HS6-5-2 Steel
W-Nr 1.3343 steel can be used for general tools. It is also good for making tools which can be hot forming tool bits. Because of its high strength, good abrasion resistance,so HS6-5-2 can also be used in the manufacture of high load conditions using the wear resistance of parts,such as cold extrusion dies.
Enquiry for DIN 1.3343 / HS6-5-2 Tool Steel Round / Flat Bar, Plates, Sheets, Blocks.