1.3265 / S18-1-2-10
DIN 1.3265 / S18-1-2-10 Steel is a Tungsten-Cobalt high-speed tool steel. The 1.3265 steel contains 8% Co,so the high temperature performance and toughness is better than 1.3255. This kind of material also has high abrasion resistance and good cutting performance. But S18-1-2-10 steel is difficult to grinding.
C: 0.72-0.80; Si: max0.45; Mn: max0.40; P: max0.030; S: max0.030;
Cr: 3.80-4.50; Mo: 0.50-0.80; V: 1.40-1.70; W: 17.50-18.50; Co: 9.00-10.00;
Form of 1.3265
Round / Square / Flat Bars, Plates, Sheets, Blocks
Size of S18-1-2-10
dia. 1-16mm (Cold Drawn);
dia. 10-50mm (Hot Rolled);
dia. 50-180mm (Hot Forged);
dia. 180-300mm (Free Forging);
Thickness: 1-2.5mm(Cold Rolled); 1.5-20mm(Hot Rolled); 20-300mm(Hot Forged);
Surface Condition of 1.3265 Steel
Black, Peeled, Rough Machined, Ground
Hardness of S18-1-2-10 Steel
Annealed (+A): max 285HB
Mechanical Properties of W-Nr 1.3265 Steel
Percentage reduction of area after fracture
Elongation after fracture
Quenched and Tempered (+QT) of 1.3265 / S18-1-2-10
1. Preheat din 1.3265 steel slowly to the temperature of 820-870°C;
2. Heating up to quenching temperature of 1270-1290°C;
3. Make sure that the material is heated throughly;
4. Quench in the oil or brine;
5. Heat uniformly to the required tempering temperature;
6. Withdraw S18-1-2-10 steel from the furnace and cool in air;
7. The general tempering temperature is 540-560°C which makes the material 63HRC.
8. The 1.3265 tool steel is also suitable for vacuum hardening and triple tempering is strongly recommended.
Applications of DIN S18-1-2-10 Steel
Tools made of 1.3265 steel is good for machining high strength steel,high temperature alloy,titanium alloys,casting alloy materials and other difficult-to-machine materials. Cutting tools used to make use of higher temperatures, such as turning tool,cutter,milling cutter,drill,broach,etc.
Enquiry for DIN 1.3265 / S18-1-2-10 Tool Steel Round / Square / Flat Bar, Plates, Sheets, Blocks.