1.3255 / S18-1-2-5
DIN 1.3255 / S18-1-2-5 Steel is a Tungsten-Cobalt high speed tool steel according to DIN Germany standard. S18-1-2-5 steel is similar to 1.3355 steel but with added 5% cobalt. Because of the addition of Cobalt content, it improves the high temperature hardness and red hardness of din 1.3255 steel. This material also has considerable toughness and easy to grinding.
C: 0.75-0.83; Si: max0.45; Mn: max0.40; P: max0.030; S: max0.030;
Cr: 3.80-4.50; Mo: 0.50-0.80; V: 1.40-1.70; W: 17.50-18.50; Co: 4.50-5.50;
Form of 1.3255
Round / Square / Flat Bars, Plates, Sheets, Blocks
Size of S18-1-2-5
dia. 1-16mm (Cold Drawn);
dia. 10-50mm (Hot Rolled);
dia. 50-180mm (Hot Forged);
dia. 180-300mm (Free Forging);
Thickness: 1-2.5mm(Cold Rolled); 1.5-20mm(Hot Rolled); 20-300mm(Hot Forged);
Surface Condition of 1.3255 Steel
Black, Peeled, Rough Machined, Ground
Hardness of S18-1-2-5 Steel
Annealed (+A): max 269HB
Mechanical Properties of W-Nr 1.3255 Steel
Percentage reduction of area after fracture
Elongation after fracture
Quenched and Tempered (+QT) of 1.3255 / S18-1-2-5
1. Preheat din 1.3255 steel slowly to the temperature of 820-870°C;
2. Heating up to quenching temperature of 1270-1290°C;
3. Make sure that the material is heated throughly;
4. Quench in the oil or brine;
5. Heat uniformly to the required tempering temperature;
6. Withdraw S18-1-2-5 steel from the furnace and cool in air;
7. The general tempering temperature is 540-560°C which makes the material 63HRC.
8. The 1.3255 tool steel is also suitable for vacuum hardening and triple tempering is strongly recommended.
Applications of DIN S18-1-2-5 Steel
1.3255 steel can be used at higher temperature. It is used to make various cutting tools of higher temperature,such as turning tool,cutter,reamer,forming cutting tools,drilling tools,gear cutting tools,etc. S18-1-2-5 steel is also good for cold work tool steel.
Enquiry for DIN 1.3255 / S18-1-2-5 Tool Steel Round / Square / Flat Bar, Plates, Sheets, Blocks.