1.3247 / HS2-9-1-8
DIN 1.3247 / HS2-9-1-8 Steel is a Cobalt-Molybdenum high speed steel according to DIN standard. The 1.3247 steel can reach high hardness of 70HRC after QT. HS2-9-1-8 tool steel has good red hardness and high temperature hardness. Cutting tools made of 1.3247 steel can be used to cut high temperature iron base and casting alloys. HS2-9-1-8 steel has poor toughness,so the quenching temperature should be low.
C: 1.05-1.15; Si: max0.70; Mn: max0.40; P: max0.030; S: max0.030;
Cr: 3.50-4.50; Mo: 9.00-10.00; V: 0.90-1.30; W: 1.20-1.90; Co: 7.50-8.50;
Form of 1.3247
Round / Square / Flat Bars, Plates, Sheets, Blocks
Size of HS2-9-1-8
dia. 1-16mm (Cold Drawn);
dia. 10-50mm (Hot Rolled);
dia. 50-180mm (Hot Forged);
dia. 180-300mm (Free Forging);
Thickness: 1-2.5mm(Cold Rolled); 1.5-20mm(Hot Rolled); 20-300mm(Hot Forged);
Surface Condition of 1.3247 Steel
Black, Peeled, Rough Machined, Ground
Hardness of HS2-9-1-8 Steel
Annealed (+A): max 269HB
Mechanical Properties of W-Nr 1.3247 Steel
Percentage reduction of area after fracture
Elongation after fracture
Quenched and Tempered (+QT) of 1.3247 / HS2-9-1-8
1. Preheat din 1.3247 steel carefully to the temperature of 730-840°C;
2. Keep heating up to hardening temperature of 1170-1190°C;
3. Make sure that the material is heated throughly;
4. Quench in the oil or brine;
5. Heat uniformly to the required tempering temperature;
6. Withdraw HS2-9-1-8 steel from the furnace and cool in air;
7. The general tempering temperature is 530-550°C which can make the material at 66HRC.
8. The 1.3247 tool steel is also suitable for vacuum hardening and triple tempering is strongly recommended.
Applications of DIN HS2-9-1-8 Steel
Due to the grinding performance is good,so 1.3247 steel can be used to manufacture all kinds of complex high precision cutting tools,such as forming milling cutter,precision broach. HS2-9-1-8 tool steel can also be used to make special drills,lathe tools,and a variety of high hardness segment,blades.
Enquiry for DIN 1.3247 / HS2-9-1-8 Tool Steel Round / Square / Flat Bars, Plates, Sheets, Blocks.