1.3243 / HS6-5-2-5
DIN 1.3243 / HS6-5-2-5 Steel is a Cobalt-Type high speed steel. The 1.3243 is on the basis of 1.3343,but with 5% Cobalt and 0.05% Vanadium content increased which improving the hot hardness and wear resistance. HS6-5-2-5 steel is easy oxidation decarburization,so it should be paid attention to the hot working and heat treatment.
C: 0.87-0.95; Si: max0.45; Mn: max0.40; P: max0.030; S: max0.030;
Cr: 3.80-4.50; Mo: 4.70-5.20; V: 1.70-2.10; W: 5.90-6.70; Co: 4.50-5.00;
Form of 1.3243
Round / Square / Flat Bars, Plates, Sheets, Blocks
Size of HS6-5-2-5
dia. 1-16mm (Cold Drawn);
dia. 10-50mm (Hot Rolled);
dia. 50-180mm (Hot Forged);
dia. 180-300mm (Free Forging);
Thickness: 1-2.5mm(Cold Rolled); 1.5-20mm(Hot Rolled); 20-300mm(Hot Forged);
Surface Condition of 1.3243 Steel
Black, Peeled, Rough Machined, Ground
Hardness of HS6-5-2-5 Steel
Annealed (+A): max 269HB
Mechanical Properties of W-Nr 1.3243 Steel
Percentage reduction of area after fracture
Elongation after fracture
Quenched and Tempered (+QT) of 1.3243 / HS6-5-2-5
1. Preheat din 1.3243 steel slowly to the temperature of 730-840°C;
2. Keep heating up to hardening temperature of 1200-1220°C;
3. Make sure that the material is heated throughly;
4. Quench in the oil or brine;
5. Heat uniformly to the required tempering temperature;
6. Withdraw HS6-5-2-5 steel from the furnace and cool in air;
7. The general tempering temperature is 540-560°C which can make the material at 64HRC.
8. The 1.3243 tool steel is also suitable for vacuum hardening and triple tempering is strongly recommended.
Applications of DIN HS6-5-2-5 Steel
The 1.3243 steel is always used in the manufacture of gear cutting tools,milling tools,punch,cutter,etc. HS6-5-2-5 steel can be also used for machining hard materials,particularly applicable to cutting heat resistant alloys.
Enquiry for DIN 1.3243 / HS6-5-2-5 Tool Steel Round / Square / Flat Bar, Plates, Sheets, Blocks.