1.2379 / X153CrMoV12
DIN 1.2379 / X153CrMoV12 Steel is a high carbon and high chromium type cold work tool steel. The Molybdenum and Vanadium compositon of din 1.2379 is more than 1.2601 steel. X153CrMoV12 steel has higher strength and toughness,which makes the comprehensive performance of 1.2379 steel better.
C: 1.45-1.60; Si: 0.10-0.60; Mn: 0.20-0.60; P: max0.030; S: max0.030;
Cr: 11.00-13.00; Mo: 0.70-1.00; V: 0.70-1.00;
Form of 1.2379
Round / Square / Flat Bars, Plates, Blocks
Size of X153CrMoV12
dia. 1-16mm (Cold Drawn);
dia. 10-50mm (Hot Rolled);
dia. 50-180mm (Hot Forged);
dia. 180-300mm (Free Forging);
Thickness: 1-2.5mm(Cold Rolled); 1.5-20mm(Hot Rolled); 20-300mm(Hot Forged);
Surface Condition of 1.2379 Steel
Black, Peeled, Rough Machined, Ground
Hardness of X153CrMoV12 Steel
Annealed (+A): max 255HB
Mechanical Properties of W-Nr 1.2379 Steel
Percentage reduction of area after fracture
Elongation after fracture
Quenched and Tempered (+QT) of 1.2379 / X153CrMoV12
1. Preheat din 1.2379 steel at the temperature of 805-835°C;
2. Transfer to salt bath standing at the hardening temperature of 1000°C.
3. Withdraw and cool in air.
4. Heat uniformly to the required tempering temperature.
5. Withdraw X153CrMoV12 from the furnace and cool in air.
6. The general tempering temperature is 194-206°C which can make the material at 61-60HRC.
Applications of DIN X153CrMoV12 Steel
DIN 1.2379 steel is used to make high wear resistance of large and complex cold work tool steel,such as cold cut shear blade,cutting die,piping mode,gauge,drawing die,thread rolling die,thread rolling dies,punch,etc.
Enquiry for DIN 1.2379 / X153CrMoV12 Tool Steel Round / Flat Bar, Plates, Blocks.