1.2344 / X40CrMoV5-1
DIN 1.2344 / X40CrMoV5-1 Steel is an air cooling type of hot work die steel. The Vanadium content of din 1.2344 is twice over 1.2343 steel,which improving hot hardness of X40CrMoV5-1. When the temperature of material is 600°C,the 1.2344 steel also has a wonderful strength and hardness,with high wear resistance and toughness.
C: 0.35-0.42; Si: 0.80-1.20; Mn: 0.25-0.50; P: max0.030; S: max0.020;
Cr: 4.80-5.50; Mo: 1.20-1.50; V: 0.85-1.15;
Form of 1.2344 Steel
Round / Square / Flat Bars, Plates, Blocks.
Size of X40CrMoV5-1
dia. 1-16mm (Cold Drawn);
dia. 10-50mm (Hot Rolled);
dia. 50-180mm (Hot Forged);
dia. 180-300mm (Free Forging);
Thickness: 1-2.5mm(Cold Rolled); 1.5-20mm(Hot Rolled); 20-300mm(Hot Forged);
Black, Peeled, Rough Machined, Ground
Hardness of 1.2344 Steel
Annealed (+A): max 235HB
Mechanical Properties of 1.2344 / X40CrMoV5-1
Percentage reduction of area after fracture
Elongation after fracture
Quenched and Tempered (+QT) of 1.2344 Steel
1. Preheat din 1.2344 steel to the temperature of 775-805°C
2. Transfer to salt bath standing at the hardening temperature of 1000°C.
3. Soak and quench into salt standing at 550°C.
4. Withdraw and cool in air.
5. Heat uniformly to the required temperature as per two hours / 25mm of total thickness.
6. Withdraw from the furnace and cool in air.
7. The usual tempering temperature is 550°C which depending on the hardness requirements.
Applications of X40CrMoV5-1 steel
X40CrMoV5-1 Steel is widely used in the manufacture of forging hammer,die tools,hot extrusion mould and core rod. DIN 1.2344 steel is also good for forging press molding,precision forging machine with mould set piece,aluminum,copper and other alloy die-casting mold.
Enquiry for DIN 1.2344 / X40CrMoV5-1 Tool Steel Round / Square / Flat Bars, Plates and Blocks.